?? Make sure your Celebrant is Registered!

I had a call yesterday from a very distressed bride – her wedding is in 2 weeks time and she thought she had booked a celebrant 6 months ago – but she has never heard from this person and she cannot get hold of her!! 

It turns out this person is not registered! If your Celebrant isn’t registered with the New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs – they cannot legally marry you!!! 

Only registered celebrants can perform weddings or civil unions in New Zealand. You need to arrange your celebrant before you can get a marriage licence.

So, it makes sense to use a professional Celebrant and check on the NZ Gazette published by the Internal Affairs by clicking here.

Leave a Comment